The main purpose of the Journal of Information Processing and Management (JIPM) is to publish the results of original research, opinions, and ideas of intellectuals in the fields of representation and organization of information and knowledge, information storage and retrieval, document and subject control, terminology, ontology, metadata standards, human-computer interaction, web and search engines, natural language processing, content management systems, information management, knowledge management, scientometrics and science production. The main audience of this quarterly is researchers and students of related fields. Accordingly, the JIPM publish reports on original research, current developments and issues, in the form of research articles in Persian or English.
The JIPM is a member of “Publishing Ethics Committee” and follows its principles.
Received articles should have the following features:
· It should be extracted from innovative research activities in the subject areas of the journal.
· It has not been previously published or expected to be published in other journals or scientific societies.
· Text of the article should be written in accordance with the writing style of the journal.
· Articles should have an extensive abstract (400 words).
Submitted articles are evaluated in two stages by the editor and the referee and with the approval of the editorial board. In the first stage of refereeing, articles are accepted that are in line with the purpose and subject of the journal and are appropriate to the scientific level of the journal. These manuscripts should be written and submitted to the journal based on this manual. In the second stage of refereeing, articles are accepted that are sufficiently valid in terms of content, used valid methods, be as a result of research and study of the creator (s); Sufficiently important in terms of subject matter; And have a scientific and fluent structure and writing. The refereeing process will be done anonymously. The publication of the articles in JIPM is done by receiving "copyright" from the author(s).
Text of the article should be typed in a maximum of 20 pages size A4 with a distance of one centimeter between the rows and margins of 3 centimeters on each side (in the form of single column) in Microsoft Word software. Use Times New Roman with size 12 as font style. Components of the article are arranged as follows:
The title page should include:
· The Name(s) of author(s) (specify the corresponding author with *), Academic degree and the affiliation(s) of the author(s) (i.e. institution, department), city, (state), country
· Postal code, telephone number, fax number and e-mail address of each author;
· Provide an abstract (maximum 400 words);
· Provide 5 keywords which can be used for indexing purposes.
· The main body of the article should include introduction, research background, research method, analysis of findings and conclusions.
· Tables and figures are numbered sequentially. Enter the title of the table above and the title of the figures below them.
· Footnotes should be inserted at the bottom of each page.
· Attachments and notes should be provided at the end of the article and after the references.
· Citation should be based on Chicago style.
The body contains the main content of the manuscript, which usually begins with an introduction and ends with a list of references. If the manuscript has some attachments, these are placed after the list of references. In the body, it is necessary to pay attention to the following points:
· Figures, tables and other items should be sent in a separate file. Figures and tables should also be placed in the closest place of reference to them in the text of the article.
· All figures, tables, formulas, footnotes, and appendices must be numbered in the original text.
· Footnotes should be placed at the bottom of each page and arranged in consecutive numbers, and the first letter of the footnotes (except for special letters, headings, and abbreviations) should be lowercase.
· Attachments should be placed in the last part. The appendices are arranged in alphabetical order [Appendix "A", Appendix "B", Appendix "C"...] and their page numbers follow the main page numbers.
· The "acknowledgement" section that is placed at the end of the article and before references, refers to any support or assistance provided by organizations or individuals for doing research or writing the article.
· If the tables or figures are from other resources, it should be mentioned in their title.
· References should be written at the end of the article.
· Citation in the text are in the form of (author, date...) based on Chicago style.
· Manuscripts should be submitted in Word. Save your file in doc format (Word 2003 or higher version).
· The size of the tables and graphs are drawn with a maximum width of 13.5 cm and a maximum height of 21.5 centimeter. Large tables and charts can also be set horizontally.
· For each table, please supply a table caption (title) at the top and for the figures, at the bottom.
· The numbers of tables and figures in their titles come with a number and without writing the word "number" [such as: Table 2. Frequency distribution ...]. Trams (colored or gray background) are not used in tables and charts.
· Formulas are left-aligned and numbered. The number of formulas comes with a number and without writing the word "number" [such as: Formula 4].
· The main titles of the text are marked with the number "1" onwards and the sub-titles of each main title are determined with compound numbers [such as: 1-1., 1-2., and 1-1-1., 1-1-2.]
· Images are produced or scanned at a maximum size of 21.5 x 13.5 cm with a resolution of at least 600 dpi.
· All pages are numbered from the title page to the end. All pages should always be cited in numerical order.
With the articles submitted through the site, a cover letter must also be sent to the journal by the corresponding author as the follows:
To: Journal of Information Processing and Management
Subject: Submission of manuscript
to whom it may concern
I (Name & Surname), corresponding author of "Full title of the article" By submitting it to the JIPM and accepting responsibility for its content, undertake that this article has been announced as the work of the author(s) and in no way it is published before and at the same time has not been submitted to any other publication for review and will not be submitted (presented) until the announcement of the refereeing results of this Journal. If the article has multiple creators, I, undertake as the corresponding author that the other author (s) are fully aware of and verify the content of the article and the number and order of the authors’ names and affiliations.
In addition, I declare that if this article is accepted for publication in the Journal of Information Processing and Management, the author(s) will be ready to transfer the full "copyright" to this Journal.
I will be responsible for all consequences, if any of these obligations are reported or observed.
Name & Surname – Date
Authors must submit their writing through the Journal’s website at https://jipm.irandoc.ac.ir. So, it is highly recommended, before sending the article, read the "Submission Guideline" in the "For Authors" option.
· Supply all supplementary material in standard file formats.
· Please include in each file the following information: article title, journal name, author names; affiliation and e-mail address of the corresponding author.
· To accommodate user downloads, please keep in mind that larger-sized files may require very long download times and it may take some other problems during downloading.
· The authors can nominate a person or persons to referee their manuscript in the JIPM. The referees must have a related academic education, and should be a faculty member in a higher education or research institution in or outside the country.
· The Journal staff does not have mandatory to use the nominees to referee the manuscript.
· The JIPM does not return received articles and is free to edit them.
· In the JIPM, acceptance and publication of articles does not imply confirmation of content by this Journal, and the ultimate responsibility for each article is with its author(s).
· In every states of the refereeing, the refereeing result will be informed to the author (s), by e-mail.
· If the author wishes to receive the refereeing result of his / her article in writing and in the form of printed letters, after receiving the e-mail, he / she can inform to the journal office by e-mail or telephone.